Sunday, June 28, 2009

ODTUG K-Scope 2009 - Day One


We drove to Austin on Thursday, Jun 18, to catch a flight to San Jose. From there we were planning to rent a car and proceed to Monterey.

I was pleasantly surprised at the moderate amount of luggage my two travelmates were bringing. I've seen each of them in action before and just let me say, there are different definitions of "traveling light".

The flight was uneventful. Isn't that the best kind? I had brought a "chick flick" for them to watch, but for some reason, I wasn't able to watch it. It's not a boot-leg. What do you guys use for DVD-playback? They pretty much slept anyway, so I most likely would have watched the "chick flick" myself. Things always seem to work out for the best.

Anyhow, arrived in San Jose. Grabbed the rental car and proceeded to Santa Cruz!

I had been to Santa Cruz many times, but it had been several years. We decided to drive out onto the pier and take our chances with dinner. We settled on Stagnaro Bros. Seafood Restaurant. Score! It was extremely good. The chowder was as good as Mo's in Oregon - previously my fav.

By now day yielded to night and we proceeded to Monterey. We arrived at the Hyatt around 9:30 p.m. and were settled into our room by 10:00.

Our journey continues...

No comments: