Friday, October 16, 2009

Oracle OpenWorld 2009

While it seemed like forever getting here, Oracle OpenWorld 2009 finally came...and went. It was my first time to attend and I was blown away. I served as ODTUG Content Chair and for that reason wasn't able to attend as many sessions as I would have liked, but my ODTUG duties came first.

ODTUG President, Mike Riley, was unable to attend due to the H1N1 virus, so I was asked to step in and be interviewed by Jeff Erickson. It was nerve-wracking to know that potentially dozens  ; ) of people would be watching this on YouTube. For the brave, here's the link:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHfNCUrP3E

The week went by extremely fast and before you knew Wednesday was upon us. Larry and Co. rented out Treasure Island and turned it into a carnival complete with rides, food, arcade games, etc.  The entertainment took two stages. On one stage was Aerosmith and The Wailers. On the other stage was Shooter Jennings, Roger Daltrey and Three Dog Night. While it's not likely I'll be able to attend Oracle OpenWorld on an annual basis, I must say it's something each of you should make a point to do at least once. It is on a scale that will amaze you.


Our journey continues...

No comments: