Sunday, July 25, 2010

Be It Ever So Humble...

CAUTION: This post is non-technical.

We closed on our house today. I'll admit a bigger deal to me that those reading this, but it's great to reunite the family. For the last six months, I've been working in Houston while the family has remained in San Antonio some 3 hours away. I've been traveling home on weekend to ready the house for sale and to get my family "fix", but it does become a bit of a grind.


We are actually some 35 miles west of Houston in a little town called Fulshear, TX. (pop. 700). The commute will be 70 - 75 miles per day but I'll get used to it. Heck, it's certainly shorter than my commute for the last six months. My schedule allows me to arrive ahead of the traffic and to leave for home ahead of the traffic, so it shouldn't be anything unbearable.

If you find yourself in close proximity, look me up. I keep the Lone Star ice-cold.

Our journey continues...

No comments: